Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My Miele Dishwasher Model G641SCI Plus has the inlet /drain

Customer Question

My Miele Dishwasher Model G641SCI Plus has the inlet /drain light coming on & it is not completing the cycle.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There are three things that will make that light come on.

• Lack of water when filling
  • Poor or no drainage
  • Low water pressure when the wash motor comes on, not satisfying the heater pressure switch

So, if it fills and drains, we need to look at the filter to be sure it is clean. If so, is there hard water deposits that may be built up inside the machine, causing poor recirculation pressure? If not, then the heater pressure switch may be faulty or the wash motor may be failing. In any event, this will require some heavy disassembly. Is this something you will be able to complete?