Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Vulcan Dishlex 100s which isn't turning on. I've

Customer Question

Hi kelly. I have a Vulcan Dishlex 100s which isn't turning on. I've check the electonics and everything there seems to be fine. There is water built up in the bottom of the machine. I suspect the outlet could be blocked??
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some other forums have suggested an overflow drip tray but I cannot locate any such tray underneath the machine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the machine is totally dead, the issue is either with the power supply to the appliance or the electronic control has issues. However, if it will light up but just not start, that is probably related to the lack of drainage, in which case you would need to determine if the pump runs or not. If it does, the most likely to be blocked is the connection to your home's plumbing. Is the machine totally dead or just not starting a cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears to be totally dead. I've checked the electrical a and they all seem fine. What about a fuse?This machine doesn't have lights on the front. But I've put a volt meter over the kill switches and verify electricity is getting to the machine
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If the power is getting to and through the door switches, you will likely need to install the timer kit, available below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a way to determine if this is the problem though? "most likely" isn't really enough to justify trying a $200 item to fix such and old machine :(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to confirm if a thermal fuse has gone?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, measure voltage directly at the timer. If you have voltage directly at the timer, the timer is faulty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But what about the other "kill switches". Like the drain at the bottom full of water to detect leaking?