Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Bosch Classic maxx doesn't appear to be turning so when I

Customer Question

My Bosch Classic maxx doesn't appear to be turning so when I was the clothes on top are still dry and the spin cycle isn't working at the end of the cycle it show 1 minute left and stays at that. So I open the machine then it says e2 on it?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Can you post the full model number of the washer please.

Also if you set it to a spin only will the drum turn at all?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the model number is ***** 20260AU and yes it does turn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It isn't turning at all now
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok thanks for that. E2 is an anti balance fault code. This usually shows if you have a very small load of a single item in there.

So try this as it should reset the electroincs in there and clear the code and allow it to work again.

1. Close the door and make sure the dial is pointing to the "OFF" function
2. Hold the Start/Pause button and turn the dial anti clockwise (to the left) to the "express 15 min" program at the same time.
3. Hold the Start/Pause button for a minute (the e2 message is meant to start flashing after a minute of holding the button down however sometimes it doesnt)
4. Release the button and turn the dial back to the "Off" function.
5. Select any program and the message should not be appearing.
6. If the unit doesn't reset, you'll likely need a new control board unfortunately.

Try that and see how it goes.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have done that and it resets but still doesn't turn, it fills but no wash or spin
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok if it resets but the drum isn't turning then it's possible the Carbon brushes in the motor have worn.

What you need to do is remove the back cover and from there remove the motor at the bottom. Then at the back either side are the carbon Brushes. Take them out and if they have worn right down then you need to replace them.

As if the drum isn't turning I'm quite sure they will be the fault here.

Regards