Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Kelvinator Fridge 400 is leaking water...........where is

Customer Question

Kelvinator Fridge 400 is leaking water...........where is the sink hole I should unblock?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The drain hole is behind the rear wall, inside the freezer. Once the panel is removed, you will see the aluminum evaporator coil. The drain is in the tray under that coil. Thaw only with hot water, nothing sharp!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't remove the panel !!!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Is it frozen in place or can you tell? You may just need to unplug it and open the doors for 24-36 hours to allow a natural thaw.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Kelly I can't tell.............I've been away and have not cleaned the fridge for 6 weeks. I can't let it naturally thaw because of loss of food. I did try the hair dryer on hot in the freezer for a short time..........should I persist with that?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That may work to thaw the panel but it won't thaw the drain.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK............got panel off (with a fair bit of difficulty) Tipped 1/2 jug of boiling water down under coil. Was able to secure panel again with 4 of 6 screws (two little ones under temp control wouldn't go........might need to juggle panel a bit more) Now......do I just close fridge, turn power on a cross my fingers!!............and is that it??
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, as long as the water drained into the pan below, it should be good to go!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No!! It ended up in the bottom of the fridge and on floor as usual!!! This is a bit much for a 71 year old woman!!!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so the drain must be plugged still. You may need to poke some plastic tubing down that drain to clear the obstruction. You are almost there, and doing great!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what size plastic tubing and I really don't know where to poke it!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The panel is off again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've called a fridge technician..............thank You
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I understand, thank you. Sorry for the delayed reply, I lost my internet last night. Let me know if I may be of further assistance, take care.