Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Guys, I have an Electrolux Pyroluxe EPEE63AS recently the

Customer Question

Guys,
I have an Electrolux Pyroluxe EPEE63AS recently the elements stopped working the screen functions fine. Neither top nor bottom elements work.
Simple fix.
Kindest
Geoff
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Number 13 in the diagram at the link below is a thermal cut out. I suspect it is open and will need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly,
Thanks mate.
I agree the logic of your diagnosis.
The diagram did not seem to look like the oven though.
Do you have an Electrolux part number or a drawing with a part number reference.
Hope you are not a rugby fan as this conversation is coming from Australia and I suspect you will lead me up the garden path!! We shall struggle to beat the damn Kiwi's though.
For your consideration.
Geoff
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That thermal is available below, as well as the rest of the parts diagrams.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks have ordered part. Shall confirm fix.
Geoff
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The recommended part did not fix the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I next replaced both the thermostat and the main power supply high power relay still no fix the problem seems weird all the elements are approximately in spec and the system gets 240v to the elements when turned on the system appears not to be making a neutral connection to complete the circuit I also checked all interlocks and they all seemed to work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, Please confirm you have received my follow up questions. Geoff
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The neutral line should not be switched, the line voltage is switched. Can you trace the neutral from the element back to connections at cord and determine where it is dropping out at?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly,
I checked continuity from the main neutral to the control board and this is fine, also the pink, white, red, red/black 'neutral' connectors from the four elements have continuity to the control board, all elements share a common brown cable and this has 240v on it when the unit is turned on. Kindest Geoff
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you post a picture of what you see, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please see attached
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. The black wires that are attached to the neutral connection (blue) and go to the board, where do they lead?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They go to the control board and share a common connector with the 4 cables from the elements I have tested this connection and is fine
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure, it appears that everything is working but the control, but you already replace it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not replaced the control board only the thermal switch, the high power30amp relay and the thermostat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, Is it likely the problem is in the control board they are available locally for about $170Aus. I need your counsel before I proceed. Geoff
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I do think the board is the problem, yes. Everything else tests good, per your testing. Sorry for the delayed replied, the site did not alert me to your reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replaced the main control board and the exact same problem presents. The only thing I nave not replaced is the front control panel this has four black wires going from the front panel to the main control board are these an Ethernet connection or simple set of logic controls given the number of functions I surmise its a more sophisticated interface. All the control functions work on the screen eg door open etc etc, the thing that confuses me is when you switch the oven on and select any function you here a bunch of relays switch on the main control board and then you get 240v on all the elements irrespective of what actual function is selected. Any ideas?