Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Bosch Washing machine Logixx 8 WAS32440/07. We have

Customer Question

Hi I have a Bosch Washing machine Logixx 8 WAS32440/07. We have an error code E57. I changed the magnetic door lock and same problem continues.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you have an update on my question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is hopeless. Was it 10 minutes or hours ?? I was reluctant to use this service. Now I know why....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you update me on this please?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Looking at the technical manual for that model, the E57 error is not listed as a valid error code on that model. I suspect that the main electronic control may have issues. Was the error code the same before you replaced the door lock assembly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I called Bosch they also said it wasn't in the manual! However by searching the web its most probably the door nagnetic catch. Or it could also be circuit board related... Or perhaps I just have to reset the machine, which I don't know how to do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I access the main electronic board?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

ON that model, the door latch error is F16. I believe the control is faulty. You can reset by unplugging the machine for at least 4 hours but I doubt it will reset. Usually, when you get an error code that is not programmed, it is a software issue that requires replacement of the control.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Manual reset is below.

Close the door,
- Set the switch to the OFF position.
- Turn the switch to position 4 (at 3:00).
- Wait until the Start LED flashes.
- Press the "Spin" (BO) key and hold
- With the key pressed, select position 5
- Release key