Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a FAB32NES7 which is a bit over 2 yrs. old. Yesterday

Customer Question

Good morning. I have a FAB32NES7 which is a bit over 2 yrs. old. Yesterday I opened the freezer compartment to get some bacon and noted it felt a little soft. I had not opened the freezer for 24 hours prior to that. Thinking I may have not had the door properly shut I ensured it was this time. When I checked the freezer about 4 hours later it was rapidly defrosting itself and the red indicator light was on: temperature not low enough. If allowed the unit to complete the defrost removing all frozen goods to a secondary fridge. Then set the freezer to ensure max. refreeze. By about 0200 ( 5 hours later ) the temperature was back to an acceptable level and red light out. I turned off the rapid freeze switch. However by 0600 this morning the temperature had risen again and the red light was once again lit up. I have turned the control to max and the rapid freeze switch on again but am unable to fathom what the problem might be. The fridge compartment which has separate controls is working fine. several weeks ago it did ice up heavily because I had left the door open but there appeared to be no repercussions. Please help. Thankyou . Rosemary Ryan
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue lies with the temperature control. When it is warming, is the compressor running, can you tell?