Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a frig/freezer BJ505S-R and the motor cuts on and off

Customer Question

Kelly, I have a frig/freezer BJ505S-R and the motor cuts on and off all day and night. I had a repairman to come and the rotten thing stopped playing up, only to start again when he left at a cost to me of $99.00.
What can I do.
Someone told me I could turn the motor off for a period of time and turn it back on again.......what do you think?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having just listened to the news, I am worried that the frig could cause a fire ......motor turning on and off all the time.Jenny O
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The compressor will cycle on and off several times per hour. However, if the cycling is fast, like humming or buzzing for a few seconds and then shutting off, you may have a faulty start device on the compressor. How often is it cycling on and off, would you estimate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,
I would say that it is more that just a humming or buzzing noise. It is a consistent clicking noise (clicking on and off)
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Is the click coming from the compressor? I assume it is not cooling now?