Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have an Omega dishwasher it is showing E8 error code @ the

Customer Question

Hey there I have an Omega dishwasher it is showing E8 error code @ the end of the cycle. I have checked it is loaded correctly, checked hoses etc, cleaned filters, cleaned the machine, any suggestions? The machine is 8 months old. Thank you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That error means that the valve that changes to distribute the water to the upper and lower spray arm is not able to change position. Is the pump area clean of any debris and hard water mineral deposits? Those are most common to cause those valves to fail.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly thank you for the prompt response. I had checked around the pump etc to no avail, I will now try a dishwasher cleaner, I am not sure where else to check ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If a good cleaning does not restore function, the diverter valve will likely need to be replaced. This valve is mounted under the machine and will require a good deal of disassembly to replace.