Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My Electrolux Time Manager (EWF1074) won't wash - it will

Customer Question

Hi. My Electrolux Time Manager (EWF1074) won't wash - it will start then end before water goes in and flashes E24. I have tried resetting it using both methods described above with no luck- any ideas?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Can you hear the pump trying to run? Is the machine full of water?

• E24 ( Drain pump relay on control board failed or wire off pump )
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly. Sometimes I can hear it run (and drain) and other times it doesn't get that far but beeps as if it's cycle has finished...
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Number 12A in the diagram at the link below is the pressure switch. It is right under the top cover and has a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly. Unfortunately I can't undo the screws to get the top off (and I am not weak)- is there something else I can try or another way to test that??
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There is no other access, only through the top. It is mounted at the very top of the cabinet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi KellyWe were finally able to open the top- air does pass through it...?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you., If no change in behavior after making sure it is clear, the main electronic control will probably need to be replaced.