Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Front loader won't spin

Customer Question

front loader won't spin
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My washing machine is an Electrolux EWF1087. I have drained the emergency drain and filter but the fault is that the spin will not turn. The machine is still functioning fine however the spin is not turning. No obvious obstructions. Can you please assist me?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the control thinks there is water in the tub or the door is not locking, it will not allow the tub to spin. If you remove the top from the machine, the pressure switch is mounted at the very top and will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The top of the machine does not come off. How do I remove remove it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There are screws along the back edge of the top I believe, then it would slide off. Number 313 is what you will need to remove.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no screw at the back of my machine
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The top slides back and then off, but I am not sure what is holding it in place if you see no screws. I will place your question back to the list for others to see, perhaps another knows.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am reading the instruction manual along with your instructions and there is nothing about the top coming off...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The top has slider 1cm. I will keep trying
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its not budging. Looking at the manual, i think what I need may be from the bottom of the machine. The top does not come off. i just moved where the detergent goes.