Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My beko front loader pump keeps running but there's no water

Customer Question

My beko front loader pump keeps running but there's no water in it. And it won't start cycle.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The machine is in a flood cycle. There is probably water in the base of the cabinet. Tip the machine, does water run out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cleaned the filter at bottom near front of pump. Cleaned out both water inlet filters. I have used the hose at front to totally empty the unit of water. What ever cycle I put it on the water will run for 15 seconds then the pumps runs for 20 seconds. Then it keeps repeating those to actions. I was wondering if there might be a sensor clogged up to keep thinking it full of water.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sure, if there is no leak and no water in the cabinet. The top will need to be removed and you will see the pressure switch at the top of the machine. It will have a very small hose attached to it that leads to the tub. With the machine unplugged, remove that hose and blow through it (the hose). Does air easily pass?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try that now and let you know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah I blew in that hose at its clear. Checked the ohms on the 3 terminals on the presostat. And the circuit is closed between 2 terminals and when I blew in presostat it changed to open circuit but closed between the other 2 terminals. Like it supposed too. Also checked the main drain hose and that's clear too. Now only this is displayed on screen and doesn't change in screen even when switching to different programs. Any other ideas.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The main electronic control is likely faulty in that case. You have verified the mechanical components are working and all air and water paths are clear. Unfortunately, there really is no sure fire way to diagnose electronics but by process of elimination, that is the only thing left.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't really want to do that process or I might eliminate my whole washing machine. Thank you for your help, but I don't think it was worth that much money. Perhaps if the problem was fixed it would of been but not in my case this time.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Oh ok, take care.