Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

How do I removeMould residue in the fold of the gasket on

Customer Question

How do I removeMould residue in the fold of the gasket on the door opening?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the mold has permeated the gasket and is not coming off with the solutions you have tried, it is now part of the gasket. You will need to replace the gasket. After the gasket has been replaced, wiping after each laundry day's close and leaving the door open to dry will prevent the mold from coming back. Unfortunately, at this point, it will require replacing the gasket.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou Kelly. I will continue to use it as it is as the machine is reasonably new (less than 2 yrs). I will continue to ensure it is dried carefully after each use to prevent the condition worsening as the machine is less than 2 years old. I appreciate your prompt reply. Regards... Judy
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, Judy! There are commercial products available that are advertised to clean that boot, but they are basically just wipes with citric acid on them. You can use vinegar, too, but citrus may be a bit more pleasant smelling. There is no harm beyond the cosmetics if you have washed the surface off, so it is not something that absolutely has to be replaced.