Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

When I turn on my fisher and paykel smart drive 503 washing

Customer Question

When I turn on my fisher and paykel smart drive 503 washing machine, it try's to start filling, mostly just in short bursts, it then stops filling and starts draining the water out. It then starts beeping and the spin slow and hold buttons light up as well as the second button on the wash progress. I think this is because I have restart off so it shows me diagnostic codes straight away, when I check what this means it tells me I need to replace the motor controller as an error has been encountered when trying to read the pressure sensor. I have already replaced the motor controller once, any other suggestions or do I need a new machine?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Can you tell me how old this is and how many times a week its used?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob,The machine is prob bout 10 years old and prob does 4-6 loads per week. I have actually got it working again. It seems when a load is left sitting in the machine for a while it messes with the pressure sensor, causing the problem I explained earlier to occur.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks

It seems like it loses the pressure whe it sits over time.

Glad to hear its working again, well done!

I have to say that if this fails again, I would suggest not spending any money on it.

Realistically its reaching the end of its life and you would be better advised putting any repair money toward a new machine

Having said that, lets hope it just carries on................

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks
Rob