Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Our front loader Lavamat stopped mid cycle and started

Customer Question

Our front loader Lavamat stopped mid cycle and started beeping. It has still got water in it but we cannot open the door. Have turned it off at the wall but nothing changes, and cannot restart the cycle.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The problem is with the water in the tub. If it does not drain properly, it will stop working. You will need to manually drain the water and clear the pump filter if there is an access door in the lower part of the front panel.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly
The model number is *****
Where is the filter located?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Lower right corner of the front panel is an access door. The filter is right behind that little door and will unscrew. Of course, be prepared for water to come out when you remove the filter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly
We used the washing machine today but it stopped again. There was an error code E20. (Blocked drain. Can you advise the best way to unblock it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Did you clean the pump filter out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a look and when I took it out there was no filter on it. It was just plastic.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Was the area inside the pump body clean?