Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Samsung 2 door and it is icing up in fridge. When I

Customer Question

I have a Samsung 2 door and it is icing up in fridge. When I defrost it it will last for about 2 weeks before doing it again.I have bought a new fan unit and installed it and it never fixed it. Unfortunatly I live in NQ and there appears no help here it is beyond any of the tech's here.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The fan unit will not help, you have a defrost component that has failed. More than likely you have an open thermal fuse. They are usually in a plastic bubble package with the thermistor and mounted on the evaporator coil.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?