Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Tachi SF-H900TPX washing Machine appears to wash as required

Customer Question

Hitachi SF-H900TPX washing Machine appears to wash as required but does not spin during cycles and leaves the washing soaking wet... It attempts to spin but seems to just shunt the washing a few times to an out of balance s and closes down. I have tried to do a cycle with NO load but have same effects. thank you
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.

Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Can you tell me, when the machine was empty and you ran the wash cycle, does it actually drain the tub completely before it tries to spin?

When its washing, does it giatate back and forth correctly?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed the agitator plate from the wash bowl and watched the water completely drain from the wash bowl, than it appeared to suck air and went into error E3
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from what I saw the agitator is washing correctly, .... with the plate remove I was able to feel the Hexagonal spline going back and forth
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone if you would prefer is 02 9832 2728 (George)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have removed the front cover exposing the pump and drive belt.
I can see through the transparent horizontal pump outlet tube that the tube is holding water in that section, I can also see air bubbles near the pump outlet.
I have tried the tension on the belt and it appears ok to me, if I turn one pully wheel by hand there is no belt slip and the other pully also moves accordingly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just retested a wash cycle, it fills ok and agitates back and forth, after the wash it pumps out but it does not refill to do a rinse, then it just goes to Error 3
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just been observing the motors of the machine doing a full cycle, it seemed like the side motor was is working well it is moving back and forth quite freely and drives the agitator back and forth quite well also, however after pumping out the side motor was shunting as if trying to spin, it looked like the main drum motor or gear box was sticking, so I applied a liberal amount of WD40 spray which appeared to loosed things a little, it still doesn't engage into a spin but it seems now to keep trying to spin, then after a period of trying to spin, it jumped back into the second rinse mode, (At that time the clothing was lumped together on one side.) on the completion of second rinse whilst still observing the drives, I heard a sound like a solenoid switch and think I saw the white plastic cylinder around the agitator drive spindle jump down to the pully wheel but did not engage into anything. Again after pumping out the second rinse, it tried to spin, but, just shunted the clothing in to a lump on one side. So, I am wondering if there is a dog clutch that is worn or broken although there is no evidence of wear dust or scraping below the pully.... What seems to be missing is the slow start to the spin which obviously allows the clothing to stay spread out and, the actual spinning action.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi George

Thanks for your detailed explanation

Ihave put a call out for the schematics of this machine

WhileIm waiting Ill opt out.

Thismeans that if someone else has this information, they will respond toyou directly.

Inthe meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as thiswill lock your question

Thanks

Rob