Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Machine is leaking from bottom or rear as water coming from

Customer Question

Hi Kelly. Machine is leaking from bottom or rear as water coming from under the machine Semms like a 1/3 bucket of water Have not dismantled anything yet? Hope you have a few suggestions. thanks Peter
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Can you tell me the make and model number please?

Also the type of machine?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Miele. Front load honeycomb care w3725 thanks
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ihave put a call out for the schematics of this machine

WhileIm waiting Ill opt out.

Thismeans that if someone else has this information, they will respond toyou directly.

Inthe meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as thiswill lock your question

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob Have found that the leak is comming from the front powder dispenser on the rinse cycle appx at 10 mins to finish Doesnt leak prior when machine starts up All has been dismantled and cleaned cant see anything out of the norm with dispenser tray everything seems to click in
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

OK, this is when the water is directed through the part of the tray that holds the conditioner. This is the only time that water enters through this compartment.

If the tray etc is clear, this is probably caused by a very slight increase in the water pressure. This is not noticed in the other parts of the dispenser but is in this one compartment.

I would suggest turning the water pressure down slightly, so as to slow the water down just slightly, as it enters the compartment, and this will stop the leak

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Thanks
Rob