Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  25 Years Experience with a emphasis on Fisher Paykel
15929851

I have been away weeks, in the freezer above the fridge

Customer Question

I have been away for 6 weeks , in the freezer above the fridge there was frozen fish and meat but during this period me nephew came and accidentally switched off the fridge .I came back , blood on the freezer floor tried to clean it, some of this stuff went down the drain( i guess its a drain) so not sure can I pour anything down to try and clean this is safe to do so or should I just get a new one it stinks horrible
cheers Tom
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will assist you today.

Yes you can pour a cleaner or disinfectant down the drain. The drain drains to a holding area made of plastic. You could even pull the fridge out and take off the rear cover to get direct access to this drain catch. Once you see it you can clean it without too much trouble.