Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I need assistance to replace a fan element in a Fisher &

Customer Question

Hi, I need assistance to replace a fan element in a Fisher & Paykel wall oven (BI601XC), I have a replacement element, but when I removed the original blown element the connectors came off before I got a chance to see where they came from.
I just need to know what colour wires connect to where on the new element. A picture would be great if you have one?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Depending on the replacement element you have purchased, there may be 2 tags, or two tags on each side of the element.

Can you also tell me how many wires you have and the colours?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob,It's a 2 prong element (part no: FP542959P).I can only see 3 connectors in the oven:2 blue wires into one connector
1 white wire into one connector
1 green wire into one connectorThe green wire seems to be a smaller gauge then the whit and blue, and I also had to fish that out of the hole in the back of the oven, so it's possible it wasn't needed, or it's equally as possible that there could be another wire back there, I can see a red one but can't see where it goes and if it ends in a connector for the element, I didn't want to attempt to pull on it just in case it wasn't necessary.Hope that helps.Thanks,
Gordon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PS. Just to clarify, there are two tags at each end of the element. Thanks!
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks
Ok, the diagram I have does not show those colours, sorry.
Ill opt out. This means that if someone else has this information, they will respond to you directly.
In the meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as this will lock your question
Thanks
Rob