Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have lg wf t652 top load turbo drum washer which gets to

Customer Question

hi i have lg wf t652 top load turbo drum washer which gets to the spin cycle but will not spin the pump remains pumping and drains the water but will not stop pumping it smelt like it was working pretty hard and gettintg overheated with little water left to pump any ideas
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The pressure switch probably "sees" water in the tub, even though it has pumped out. This is common to happen when the tube from the tub to the pressure switch gets plugged. Can you access the pressure switch in the control area and remove the very small tube that is attached to it? If you blow through that tube, does air easily pass?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I took the tube out and cleaned it out connected up again but still continues to pump and not click over to spin what do you suggest next
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I believe that pressure switch will need to be replaced in that case. That part is available below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly don't know if you will keep helping me but I bought new pressure switch connected and still the little pump keeps squishing away after emptying the water and won't move to spin what next.?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

So, the tube between the switch is clear and you can blow through it into the tub and the switch is new? That would likely leave the main electronic control as suspect. Does the tub move at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the machine runs the entire cycle from wash through to spin drum turns water pumps out rinse happens then it pumps out ready for spin but then continues pumping and doesn't switch to spin