Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Washing machine show LD indication although lid is closed

Customer Question

washing machine show LD indication although lid is closed
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.
Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?
Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.
It sounds like the switch itself is faulty.
Even though you can hear it clicking, it probably isnt making a circuit when it clicks
If you need more help, please let me have the make and model number
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have found the faulty switch and tried to source another....just to find this model had bee discontinued and I could not find the said switch. I could get one on E-Bay, but it was an "as new" with a delivery next week only. So, we went shopping and about two hours later the wife was a lucky and proud owner of a brand new washing machine.....installed and washing away since yesterday afternoon.
Thank you for your reply in any case.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Glad to hear that my advice was correct and that it was a bad switch
Shame you couldnt get the part though.
Hope the new machine is working well and will behave itself for years to come
Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Thanks
Rob