AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

My washing machine and dishwasher are tripping each time

Customer Question

Hi, My washing machine and dishwasher are tripping each time they used. They are powered from the same wall socket but never used at the same time. The will also trip when no other appliances are being used. The fuse box has got an RCD that says C16 for
the power circuit (16A?) - I suspect they are tripping due to the powerpoint / wiring and not due to the appliances themselves as they are both doing it - is there anything i can do to diagnose / dismiss? Thanks, Richard
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) Does your main electrical panel contain another known working circuit breaker of the same amperage that is not an RCD? If so, have you tried to "roll" the circuit onto a non RCD breaker and confirm if the appliances work or don't work or trip the breaker?
2) Another option is if the dishwasher is cord & plug connected, have you tried plugging the DW into another known working circuit socket of the same amperage using an extension cord? Same with the washing machine?