Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My Miele dishwasher has a knob "1962610 Weiss/gelb" at the

Customer Question

My Miele dishwasher has a knob "1962610 Weiss/gelb" at the front that selects the duration of the wash cycle. It has snapped what seems to be a wooden spoke that connects the knob to the machine. Where can I get a part for this and can I install it myself?
Peter, Sydney ,Australia
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the shaft is wooden, it was custom made to match the cabinet door on the dishwasher and will need to come from the cabinet maker that made your cabinet front.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The door is standard Miele and is "whitegood" standard. I suspect the knob has to come from Miele people or an agent for them. Can you suggest a reliable supplier in Sydney?It looks like I will have to unscrew the casing of the door (around 12 Philips head bolts) to be able reach the knob assembly and replace it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am not familiar with any wood pieces in the construction of the controls on any Miele dishwasher. I will place your question back to the list for others to see in case another may have an idea. A picture of the part that broke may be helpful.