Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My mum (88years old) has a Westinghouse dishwasher model WDF901WA.

Customer Question

My mum (88years old) has a Westinghouse dishwasher model WDF901WA. It goes some minutes into the cycle pumps some water out then the selected temperature light and the 'ready' light start flashing and nothing else happens. It was connected to a hot water supply when installed in the kitchen but I now have it outside [under cover] connected to a cold water supply but when I open the door after it stops and starts flashing there is no sign of heating also at the point in the cycle when it stops the water has been pumped out. Also I installed a second dishwasher which was kept stored as a spare to get mum out of trouble as she can't use her hands to wash. This is a Dishlex model DX103WK. This machine worked well for some weeks but now takes in water then pumps it out then the off/on light and the 'start' light stay on together and I can hear a low humming noise and nothing else happens.Also no heating of cold water supplied to this machine
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The humming is a motor issue but odd that they would both have the same issue. Is it possible that something got ran through a cycle that may be in the wash motor impeller that may be jamming it? Does she wash small items, like bottle caps or hair clips in the dishwasher?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, I appreciate your help.The humming only comes from the more basic model which is the DX103W4.The other one is quiet but lights flash and nothing else happens. The mechanics of the two machines are very similar, almost a carbon copy, however the basic Dishlex has a turn knob control whilst the Westinghouse DX103W4 has push button control. No small items are put in the dishwashers. I have checked the impeller in the wash motor in both machines, both are spotlessly clean and spin freely with a finger push. I should mention that the first time that the Dishlex malfunctioned a pool of water remained inside. I have not tried switching to live phone before but I will send this message and give it a go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, Sorry, I didn't proceed with live call, as another $25 was getting a bit expensive for mum. Hope we can sort it out in print. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, I have never used this service before and am thinking that it would be much more expeditious if we could agree on a mutually convenient time period to email each other rather than waiting hours for a response. Any suggestions? If you would like to call me my phone number is(###) ###-####otherwise I will wait for your next email. Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Due to the time difference, I will place your question back to the list for others to see. The time difference (you are 19 hours ahead of me) is going to make it inconvenient for you if you are in a hurry. You don't need to do anything, someone else will pick up if they feel they are able to help.