Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

How do you change the front face panel on Miele T8827 clothes

Customer Question

How do you change the front face panel on Miele T8827 clothes dryer. I bought the dryer with a German face panel and have purchased English front panel from Miele. They said it was easy to change but I can't work out how to do it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The electronic control must be removed which will then expose hidden screws that secure the fascia. There is also one screw in the lower left corner of the dispenser drawer area when the drawer is removed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I have removed the hidden screw behind the removed dispenser drawer. How do you remove the electronic control?? That is the issue, I can't find the hidden screws. Please advise, thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The top panel will need to be removed, there are screws on the side, usually hidden under plastic caps. There may be screws along the back edge, too. Once it is removed, there are clips and sometimes screws that secure the electronic in place from the back of the control panel. Once removed, you can mark the wires (or take a picture, or both!) and remove the control.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That does not seem correct. I have removed the top panel, but I can not see any way to remove the electronic to access the hidden screws for faceplate. There does not seem to be enough room to remove the electronics and I can't see what holds them in place. Your answer is to vague. I am looking for information on exactly how to remove the electronics. For what I have been charged, I am looking for detailed instructions.