Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have Blanco induction hob (BIC63), which I bought

Customer Question

I have Blanco induction hob (BIC63), which I bought for my holiday home about three years ago. The left two elements have ceased to work - while the other large element on the right works fine. I have just had an electrician check that the power supply is all okay. So it seems to be within the unit. Any ideas?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.
Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?
Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.
This sounds like its the power board (there are two)
These are very expensive and can be temperamentle....sorry!
Is there any flashing signs or symbols?
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob,Thanks for your reply. I have already had to go ahead and order a new induction hob (not Blanco this time!), so your reply is not particularly helpful - not your fault - and I have requested a refund from Just Answer (as per their offer). Given that I will already have to stump up $700 for a new cooktop, I don't feel inclined to add another $50 to my overall expense (on top of the electrician I have already paid to check the power supply - which the Blanco manual 'helpfully' suggested would be the problem....).