Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I got a Daikin cooling only split system airconditioner

Customer Question

Hi, I got a Daikin cooling only split system airconditioner 18 months ago. Upon returned from holiday (4 weeks) turned the aircon but it does not work. When we turned it on the green light on the indoor unit flashes & shuts the system down. The outdoor & the indoor unit does not speak to each other.
Can you please assist in advising what is wrong or what part I do need to replace.
Thank you
Noor
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The flashing light is an error code. The most common cause of trouble is with a communication error between the indoor and outdoor units. How many flashes between pauses?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried to turned on the unit again. I do not know what you meant by "how many blinks." the minute I turned the unit on its started to blinks & just continously blinking even after the flap were closed. It does not make any noises at all.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
There are no pauses, like 5 flashes, pause, 5 flashes, pause, etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kelley

There are no pulses on the flashes. Its just continously flashing until the unit is turned off

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I suspect the issue is with the electronics but there is no way to determine remotely which may have failed. I believe you will need an on site technician to service the unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Kel

Since I have replaced the indoor unit PCB, can we say that we need the same for the outdoor unit. Or are there any other electronics apart from those PCBs.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I would suspect that would solve the issue, yes. Make sure you check all the connections and wiring first, though.