Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Tyler. I've had a er 1f error on my LG fridge. I've had

Customer Question

Hi Tyler. I've had a er 1f error on my LG fridge. I've had it before a year ago. Its a LG grd 907sl. I've taken the cover of in the freezer section and unplugged the two fans, one for the Ice maker and one for the freezer section itself and defrosted it complete because both fans were obstructed with ice when moving them by hand. Installed the panel back with the fans connecting them back. I know it takes 24 hrs before it makes ice because it has deposited water in the icemaker. Wait and see I guess. If not I should order a new fan motor?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If there was ice restricting the fan movement, that would have caused the error code. So, if it is now running, the issue is not with the fan but with the defrost circuit. The heater is the most likely to fail. Are you able to test continuity through the defrost heater that is mounted under the aluminum evaporator coil?