Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

How do I remove the front panel from my email weatherwall air

Customer Question

How do I remove the front panel from my email weatherwall air conditioner
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Typically, there are either hidden plastic pressure tabs under the lip edges or hidden screws. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model is FM61H and style number is(###) ###-####if that helps.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It looks like just pressure tabs under the front panel lip. See the breakdown at the URL below.
http://spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/images/files/6880_7f74de7332d79a128b85b8ed9ae54da5.jpg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The unit in the breakdown at the URL is not my unit
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I apologize, I see that now upon further research. Are there screws on the bottom of the top panel, after the bottom panel is removed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes there is screws on the control panel and I have taken them out but because the mains power runs through a hole in the panel I cannot move it
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure on that model and it seems to be fairly old, around 30 years, and not supported with technical information. I am going to place your question back to the list for others to see in case another has an idea.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would be close to 30 yr old as the building is around that vintage.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The technical support usually goes away long before that. Hopefully someone will have first hand knowledge with that model and can post.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Below is a photo of the control panel. I have removed the 2 screws as you can see but it is the circular knob in the middle which is preventing me from removing the grille. I need to know how to get the knob off without breaking it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That should just pull off. It is probably going to be tight, though, if you have not removed it before.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it be safe to use WD40 on it
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sure, spray at the very back and it should run onto the shaft and into the knob.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I will give it a go
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good!