Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I need to remove the cover plate at the rear of my f and p

Customer Question

I need to remove the cover plate at the rear of my f and p fridge to put the aluminium tubing back in place and find out where the plastic coated wire has come loose from. I had a build up of ice against the rear panel.
I can't find how the top of the panel is secured to the cabinet.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The panel likely has plastic pressure tabs and the loose wire is likely a ground wire that attaches to the aluminum evaporator. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi kelly, i didn't hear from you before i had to leave so i am not where the fridge is anymore for a few days, so can't tell you the model number till i am back with the fridge this saturday. Can i still contact you to finish the consultation then please?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Of course, just reply back when you are able. Sorry for the delayed response. Please disregard any automated messages you may receive, I have no control over those. Anything from me will show up in this thread.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, i'm back with the fridge now. It is a F &P N500B model. Ive attached pics of the area in question. They show the top left and right corners of the fridge interior. The horizontal narrow strip of
plastic covering the evaopator cover
plate is the first problem. I cant
figure out how and where it is attached.
I need to remove it to get to the evaporator cover.
Thanks for your help,
fionatype and points are in ordr to remove it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I suspect it may have plastic pressure clips on the back but cannot verify that. The technical drawings (at the URL below) do not show that piece at all. I am going to see if I can find some other different information. While I look, I will place your question back to the list for others to see in case another has that information readily available.
http://spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/images/files/29012_3c65404e77d91e91280cee18281ee478.pdf