Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My kelvinator reverse cycle won't start. Red light on the

Customer Question

My kelvinator reverse cycle won't start. Red light on the aircon/heater appliance keeps on flashing (not on the remote control)
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The red flashing light is an error code. How many flashes between pauses? The most common is a communication error between the units. That is usually caused by a connection or wiring issue and can be very difficult to track down because not only can it be connection related, the control boards can fail and cause the same error. Let me know the number of flashes, please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8 flashes
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That is an overheat/frost error. If it is not starting, the issue is probably a sensor, the electronic controller or a wiring issue. This is something you will likely need to have professionally repaired unless you want to chance replacing parts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What replacing parts do you think needs replacing so I can check if I can do it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The green sensor light starts and the air vent flap moves once and closes. Then the green light stops and 8 red flashes starts.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Probably the main electronic control board. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brand: Kelvinator. I can't find the model # ***** attached is the serial # ***** on the unit. The remote control has a label saying 'for heatpump 6711AR6090D. AThank you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to use that number to look up parts, I am sorry. I will place your question back to the list for others to see in case another may have an idea.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Kelly, you have been so helpful (even if I didn't get it). You have been so thorough and accurate in your response. Please keep it up! Hope to hear from the other technician soon. Again, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, 'even if I didn't get the unit fixed'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, any progress on this? I haven't received a reply from to whoever you referred me to. Thanks