Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a very old Malleys Whirlpool No Frost 214KB fridge

Customer Question

Hi I have a very old Malleys Whirlpool No Frost 214KB fridge which is cutting in & out constantly & is quite noisy. I have been told it's probably the compressor & parts are no longer available - is this correct? I love my fridge! regards, ***** *****
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Given the symptoms you describe, I suspect the compressor may be overheating and shutting off, yes. There are really no parts available and even if you found parts, the refrigerant needed to replace the compressor is no longer available. I fear it may be time to retire the old workhorse!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not happy with the total amount charged to my Visa. I was happy to pay $5 but I don't think the response was worth the extra $37 charged. I require a refund.