Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Have Westinghouse sie by side fridge freezer model R5645T all

Customer Question

have Westinghouse sie by side fridge freezer model R5645T all goods in fridge have frozen ! have not touched temp controls can u offer any solutions ?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the control has been adjusted to the lowest setting and you are still getting too cold in the fresh food section, you either have a faulty control, temperature sensor or the air damper that allows the cold air in is stuck open. The damper is most likely to have failed, so let's start there. Number 2 in the diagram at the URL below is the air damper that opens and closes to control air flow.
http://spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/images/files/15757_772aa6d195d210daf641b6f103e0baaa.jpg
Can you access it to see if it is broken and stuck in the open position?