Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Westinghouse dryer model LD605E, new motor and capcitor, new

Customer Question

Westinghouse dryer model LD605E, new motor and capcitor, new board replaced, now only spins anti clockwise, stops and doesnt reverse spin and will restart when time to cycle anti clockwise spin, heater comes on and off but does not light up all coils nor when its suppose to spin in the clockwise portion of the cycle.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the motor is new, the issue has to with the control. The control is what switches between the contacts to energize the windings to make the motor turn in each direction. What control did you replace, the one pictured below?

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, thank you for answering, yes thats the new control board I bought from Electrolux.

I had also tried the old board in there with the same results.

I had tried swapping all parts over bit by bit to eliminate the problem only to discover my original parts were still in working order but all ended up with same results, anticlockwise spin only.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Does it hum when it should spin clockwise? Will it turn clockwise by hand?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, already tried all of the above and it wont spin clockwise

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
So you can't even turn the tub clockwise by hand when the machine is off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can turn it by hand if its on or off it just wont do it when its suppose to.

I can hear the click on the board just before it rotates in either direction or when the element turns on or off but just wont rotate clockwise when its suppose to.

Others in the house have also mentioned there clothes weren't completely dry after a 90min cycle on normal dry.

I have noticed the element does turn on/off during the cycling process but it doesnt stay on long nor does it light up all the elements.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
At this point, I would begin to look at a wiring issue between the motor and controller. Beyond that, I am out of ideas. Let me know what you find with the wiring.