Appliance Tech-Care
Appliance Tech-Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Years - 40,000+ Completed 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

My LG fridge model no. GR-262SQ makes a clicking noise

Customer Question

Hi, My LG fridge model no. GR-262SQ makes a clicking noise when the compressor turns on, then it stops working... the fan works also.. Every couple of minutes it will try & start but always clicks & turns off.... Any answers????
Thanks Paul
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Tech-Care replied 1 year ago.
Hi Paul,You have either a serious problem or a fixable problem.The clicking you hear is the overload relay on the side of the compressor. That could mean that you have a bad compressor that is tripping the overload or the relay itself has gone bad and you just need to replace it.The relay is located inside the plastic box attached to the side of the compressor. Take a screwdriver and pop the box off and you will see the relay and overload. Here is a link to the relay and overlaodclick here for relayclick here for overloadreplace both parts If the compressor runs, you should be good to go. If it still does not work and trips the new overload, then you have a bad compressor and then you probably want to buy a new fridge.
I see you read my answer and I was wondering if you were able to check out the parts I showed you.
If you have been satisfied with my help and have no further questions for me, may I please ask that you rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting one of the 5 stars to rate me personally (not the site or the condition of your appliance) before you leave today. It is the only way JA will compensate me for my time researching your question for you. You will then be locked into your question and you can continue asking follow-up questions if you still need assistance.