Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

To run a 13h hws what size and kpa gas bottle is required

Customer Question

To run a 13h hws what size and kpa gas bottle is required John
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The manufacturer's recommendations are below.
Your plumber will be able to measure the gas load of all appliances and work out the appropriate gas supply necessary. LPG is best supplied in 45Kg cylinders, and multiple bottles may be required. The low temperature potential in your area will also be a factor the plumber will take into consideration because the liquid in the bottle has to vaporizes and low temperatures reduce the ability of the liquid to become a gas. We also highly recommend that you do not use BBQ cylinders with your Hot Water System. When purchasing your Gas bottle, we advise that you discuss with your LPG supplier to arrange for an auto change over system for your LP gas to ensure you have a continuous supply of gas. However you must still regulary check to see if the valve has automatically changed and arrange for the empty bottle(s) to be filled.