Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

When I turn my A/C unit on it opens the air vanes, thinks for

Customer Question

when I turn my A/C unit on it opens the air vanes, thinks for a bit then shuts down and the orange timer light flashes. is this an easy fix, what is the cause?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most common error with these is a communication issue between the units. The blinking light is an error code. How many flashes between pauses? Did you leave the breaker off for at least 1 hour to allow a full reset?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kelly I have left the breaker off for a couple of days and the light flashes continually once it shuts down

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
This is not going to ba an easy diagnosis because it could be a connections issue, wiring, any of the electronic controls, etc. I would start with removing each connection and reseating to the controls. Inspect the wiring, especially around any panels or holes through metal, the most common areas of wiring issues. Let me know what you find.