Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Simpson Ezi Set 7.5kg Washing machine with a Suds

Customer Question

Hi
I have a Simpson Ezi Set 7.5kg Washing machine with a Suds Saver Option.
It agitates etc, but when it gets to the part of the cycle when the water should drain, it stops.
The repairman has been, and if he drains the water with gravity (by lowering the drain hose out the door) the machine restarts and continues the cycle.
We have just replaced the board connected to the main dial, but the problem still remains.
He has run power separately to the drain pump and it works fine. He even manually crossed the circuit from the power in wire to the power wire for the pump and it works, but it won't work on normal cycle. He has checked all the wiring and it seems to be active from board to pumps.
What also confuses me is that when we power up the drain pump separately, it seems to suck water back into the machine from a bucket of water?
The problem happens on both the wash cylces and the drain/rinse option: does this mean both pumps are broken?
Any ideas?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the board has been replaced, I would look at the pressure switch and the hose that connects to it from the bottom of the tub. That pressure switch is mounted near the top of the machine near the controls. It will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I passed on the advice to the repairman.
I'm not sure if it was the procedure you mentioned or the semi-faulty suds/drain valve.Either way its working now.Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Great, glad it is working! Thank you for taking the time to post back with an update, I really appreciate that.