Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Fisher and Paykel Aqua smart washing machine.

Customer Question

I have a Fisher and Paykel Aqua smart washing machine. A few seconds after starting it turns itself off, blank screen. Turn power off at wall, wait 60 seconds and turn power on again. Screen displays following message "Power cut, restart in 10 seconds". Machine will start but only run for 30 seconds and repeats shutdown. No error codes. Tries restarting a few times, each time the same happens.
Any assistance will be appreciated.
Cheers,
Rod XXXX
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. The fact that it goes totally dead and blank is indicative of poor connections to the control or failure of the control. I would inspect the control connections and make sure they are all secure. If they are, the electronic control is probably going to need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. After contacting you I have managed to fix the problem myself. The machine is now working.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I understand, thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly,
I notice that I have been charged the full amount $63.00 for your assistance. I believe I should pay the $5.00 deposit, but as the problem was not fixed by anyone but myself, why do I have to pay the full amount of $63.00?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You don't, I have sent this in for a full refund. It should correct during regular business hours.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** appreciated