Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Our Westinghouse WSE6100SA side by side fridge was not keeping

Customer Question

our Westinghouse WSE6100SA side by side fridge was not keeping things cold in the fridge side so last week we turned it off for a day. After the first hour we heard a definite clunk as if ice was falling off something inside. when we turned it back on the next day it worked as normal only now the motor runs continually.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The coil is likely frozen in the freezer and not allowing the air to flow from the freezer to the fresh food section. Open the doors and unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours to allow a complete thaw. Once thawed, you will probably need to replace the defrost heater, accessed by removing the rear panel from inside the freezer.