Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a westinghouse fridge which stands beside same height

Customer Question

I have a westinghouse fridge which stands beside same height westinghouse freezer. was away last week for 3 days and there was a power strike of 24 hours due to a pole getting knocked down. since then our fridge collects water at the bottom and the fan doesnt work. I am about to go out but will be back later today. Cant find a drain hole which was an easy remedy in old fisher/paykel fridge and this fridge is not even in use for a year. Have turned it down to lowest setting and will leave it closed. there are small dots of ice at back around fan. it is a self defrost but cant tell you the model until my housemate gets back from interstate and it is situated so that whole fridge has to be moved out to unplug:) too much for me. Bit garbled all this, but will eagerly await your answer when I return around 1pm!!!
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the thawing while power was out may have then refroze when power was restored. Turn the unit off for 24 hours to allow a full thaw. If the fan does not start working, the electronic control (if equipped) will probably need to be replaced. Let me know what happens, please.