Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a whirlpool wfs1073dd front loader that is leaking from

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool wfs1073dd front loader that is leaking from where you put the detergent and also from the door. leaking lots of water. how do I fix this?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! There is a hose that is attached to the bottom of the dispenser that connects to the tub front, just above the door. I suspect that hose is bad or has come loose. If you remove the spring clamp from around the front of the rubber door boot, you will be able to fold the boot back and access that hose for inspection. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
where is the spring clamp and what does it look like? are we supposed to remove the rubber around the door?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
The clamp is on the outside edge of the rubber door boot. You will need to remove it so you can fold the door boot in to access that tube.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is no clamp on the outside edge of the rubber door boot. Are we talking about the same machine. There is a hinge on the side for the door and when you open th door therebis the rubber arond the opening of the machine. we havecfelt all around this rubber and cant find a clamp. is it a metal clamp orcwhat?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
It is a thick wire that is around teh outer edge of the rubber. You will need to pull the rubber boot lip to see it. The number 1911 below...

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we have checked the hose now and nothinig is wrong with it and it hasnt come loose. we are just going to call someone to fix it now. i only used this service to see if we could fix it ourselves as we couldnt find someone to come in on the weekend.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
I understand, thank you.