Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Miele G572 dishwasher has started making a loud groaning noise

Miele G572 dishwasher has started making a loud groaning noise for about 4-5 seconds at the start of the cycle. The noise stops and it then runs through the cycle normally.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The noise islikely coming from the drain pump. Does it sound off during the cycle, too? Is the sound coming from the base of the dishwahser?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Kelly, The noise also occurs when the water is being pumped in, so it sounds like it would be the pump. It comes from the base of the dishwasher. Is it a difficult job to replace the pump? Is it worth it? The dishwasher is 23 yrs old.

Thanks

Ken

At 23 years old, it is probably time to replace the appliance. It is likely leaking or will soon at that age, too.