Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have an LG invertor Direct Drive front load washing machine,

Customer Question

I have an LG invertor Direct Drive front load washing machine, when we wash towels there is suddenly water all over the floor. Where is it coming from?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If it is only leaking when you wash towels, it is likely that the load is too heavy or it may be overfilling. Look closely at the rubber door boot for tears that may be spreading when a heavy load is washed. Let me know what you find, please.

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I don't see any tears anywhere. Does machine adjust water by weight of load. Also if you put a small load of wet towels would it overfill? Mark

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
The water level is controlled by the pressure switch. The more clothes you put in, the more water they will absorb, so the more water that will be added.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

still leaks water when I put towels minutes. Runs for over 2 hours and last time didn't start leaking until less than 18 minutes left. doesn't leak when you wash other clothes

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Does it seem to be draining all the water out before it start to spin?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Can't tell, for some reason when you put towels in , only had 5 in, it gets stuck on 33 minutes for probably 20 minutes, then on 21 for 20 min. then on 9 for a while then it finished the cycle. This time only a small amount of water came out from underneath washer(back?)

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Is the wash getting really sudsy?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes ,seems to be

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
That may be why, the suds may be getting up to the air vent and leaking down the back of the machine. You really should not see any suds in the wash, very little. Try washing clean towels and adding no soap. If they suds up, you are definitiely using too much soap.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks, that sounds like a possible explanation.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
You are very welcome, let me know how it goes or if you have further trouble.