Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

what does a padlock symbol on digital display mean on an electrolux

what does a padlock symbol on digital display mean on an electrolux ewf 1074 and how can i remove it. It seems that the machine is not recognising end of cycle.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This sounds like you have the child lock enabled.

to reset the machine and disable the child lock

you need to hold the option and extra rinse buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds...you will see the padlock symbol go and then use your machine as usual

If you need more help, please just ask.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob