Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

The Bosch 16H, no big flame, why?

Customer Question

The Bosch 16H, no big flame, why?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Rob replied 10 months ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This is often caused by low pressure.

Has anything changed on the water system? Is this mains water?
Can you also recheck the full model number please?

Thanks
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Bosch External HydroPower 16H

I don't see there is any change of our water system,

but the big flame, sometime working, some times no working,

always after 5-6 hours, it works again.

It is happen more than helf year, half year age, someone came to fix, said the switch playing around, so he make a short cut, but it doesn't help, this problem still happens

Expert:  Rob replied 10 months ago.
Hi Frank

Thanks
It sounds like there is an issue with the pressure switch which opens the gas valve.
Seems like it is not detecting the flow of water and thus bringing on the gas.

If someone has already worked on this and changed the way it works, I would recommend you get the same company back to see to this.

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Rob,
it is not the pressure switch,

just a normal switch, he said, there is not a switch in the new model now, so it is useless. so he take it off, (short cut). but he didn't fix the problem.

these problem still happens, the unit sometime work, sometimes doesn't.

Bob, It seams you could not fix my problem. but you have try your best.