Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  25 Years Experience with a emphasis on Fisher Paykel
15929851

Hello, I have a MAH7550AAW Maytag Neptune Front Loading Washing

Hello, I have a MAH7550AAW Maytag Neptune Front Loading Washing Machine. It has been spasmodically indication that the door has not been opened since last program, and suggesting I open and shut the door so machine will lock. Now it has started a program but says machine is checking the door lock system etc, and makes a funny whirring sound but does not lock. What are your suggestions.
Regards, Helen

Rick :

Hello my name isXXXXX will assist you in the repair of your washer.

Rick :

From what you are describing, it sounds like you have a bad solenoid in the lock mechanism.

Rick :

This is a fairly common problem with this unit

Rick :

By removing the front panel,(when you open door you should see 4 screws each side, the side with hinges the screws hold the hinges) that will remove the front panel and give you access to the screws holding the top panel, once you remove those you have access to replace the lock mechanism

Rick :

I have included a link to where you can get the part, since they are a internet company, I believe they should be able to ship to where you live.

Rick :

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Latch-asse/22003753/1000802?RCAID=1000116 This link has all the information on the part you need to repair your unit.

Customer:

Thank you. I am trying to find someone that has it in stock. Will let you know how I get on.

Customer:

Helen