Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  25 Years Experience with a emphasis on Fisher Paykel

Westinghouse SB916 dishwasher shows anti-flood code 30. Have

Westinghouse SB916 dishwasher shows anti-flood code 30. Have drained tray twice in last fortnight. Serviceman advises no leaks and suggests that Finish Quantum tablets may be causing excessive sudsing. Is this likely or is there another probable cause.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

samphiamom :

Hello my name is Rick,

samphiamom :

I have never heard of Quantum tablets causing sudsing

samphiamom :

The only way I can think that might happen is if the water quality is bad, or if you are using a softner, the tablet may be too much soap.

samphiamom :

Have you tried to run the unit without the tablet? If you try I would suggest a powder detergent.

samphiamom :

Another sure fire way to check is to just run the unit with no soap at all, if you get the error then there is a leak and not over sudsing

samphiamom :

As a serviceman sometimes we jump to a conclusion too quickly, today I had a unit that would leak only after it filled and emptied three times. I am assuming once the metal got warm and started to expand is when my leak showed up.

samphiamom :

I would run it with no soap and check the outcome

Customer:

Since first visit of serviceman I have used a cleaner once, and run a heavy wash cycle each day for fortnight without trouble. Since emptying tray this morning I have run a rinse cycle without trouble.

samphiamom :

Have you been using the tablets

Customer:

yes

samphiamom :

Is there any chance there could have been something else in the tub that could have caused the sudsing

Customer:

I have seen no evidence of sudsing and on both occasions that the anti flood sensor has activated it was at the end of the heavy cycle ie dishes were clean and no water in cabinet.

samphiamom :

That is definetly not a common situation. I have never had a problem with the quantum tablets, I push all my customers to use them and personally use them myself.

Customer:

I wonder whether there is a slow leak which is filling overflow tray over time. I will continue and see whether the problem repeats. If it does I may have to ask serviceman to take machine into workshop for closer examination. Cheers XXXXX XXXXX

samphiamom :

Anytime you have a good day now right? It is 9:28 pm where I am, but you are like 16 hours ahead of me I think so have a great day.

Rick, Technician
Experience: 25 Years Experience with a emphasis on Fisher Paykel