Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Kleenmaid (Speed Queen) Washing machine Model KAW

I have a Kleenmaid (Speed Queen) Washing machine Model KAW 393 It suddenly stopped bringing in more than a dribble of cold water. Have had technician replace the Inlet valve but it still only increased the intake of cold water very slightly. All taps and hoses outside machine have been checked and are letting out enough cold water. If we choose the warm and hot water the machine fills as expected. The technician also checked the electricals and other possible reasons within the machine. He says he cannot help.

Have you any suggestions

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If the valve is new and is getting adequate voltage, it has to be an issue with the supply from your home. Those are the only things in the equation, so either the house pressure to the valve is low, the valve is not opening all the way or the voltage to the valve is low.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I said in my question the house pressure has been checked and is quite high enough and the electricals have been checked (voltage is adequate)

I am trying to avoid buying a new machine when every other part is working perfectly. This does seem extraordinary. There must be a very simple explanation.

I thought you may have some other ideas about where the problem could be in the machine itself so that I could avoid such a drastic cost.

I will endeavour to see if I can get more information before taking this step. Waiting for the tub to fill slowly whenever I use cold water wash (which is for most washes) is something I will try.

Thank you for trying

Have you measured voltage at the valve?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes Kelly this was done.

Why I asked the question and gave details of everything that had been tried was that I felt there could possibly be a way of checking to ensure there was not some blockage between where the water enters the machine and finally enters the tub.

Is this a possibility?

Thanks again

Moya